Friday, June 17, 2016

"Graduate Level Course Writing: Applications Letter to Ad-hoc "Search Committee" on Plagiarism Check?"

David Wuor
MPA Student of Public Administration
April 12, 2013

Application for Facility Coordinating at the Search Committee during Spring 2013-2014
I am writing this application letter for graduate assistantship since I am struggling to pay tuition for graduate program. I know this is a competitive position; however I thought I should apply to get a stipend to cover my tuition for Spring 2013 to Spring 2015. Of course, I am a graduate student of Public Administration with an emphasis---concentration in General Public Administration hoping to graduate in Spring 2015. I currently have an outstanding student loan default of $30,000 built up from my undergraduate program from Niagara University, New York and from my partial graduate studies from the College of Saint Rose-Albany, New York having finished a minimum of graduate credits of nine (9) credits. I have also arranged payment of student loan default with the National Recovery agency since I returned from the South Sudan in April 2012 after two years away from America. The U.S. Department of Education said that I will be qualified for Title IV of Financial Aide—Stanford: subsidized and unsubsidized loans to cover my tuition since I have passed and completed the grace period of six months student loan default payments hoping to recover from the program in nine (9) months, which meant this coming August of 2013. 
I understand that there will be a lot of applicants for this competitive position to which we will share the same financial disadvantaged situation, however you will have to decide who to get this position of graduate assistantship in Facility Coordinating within the Search Committee chaired by Lisa Robusto at the SUNY at Brockport Metro Center. 
I am not basically applying for this position because of the credential qualification for position, however I am not financially stable to cover tuition to graduate. Having won this bidding contest for graduate assistantship would be something great and hopefully this will be a turning point to get back into my foot with commitment to finally finish the graduate program since this is my last chance and opportunity at the ‘matriculated’ graduate program. 
I also had received a graduate assistantship when I was at the College at Saint Rose—Albany, New York during September 2009 to April 2010. This graduate assistantship program wasfrom Urban American Studies and Interdisciplinary Department, and was very competitive position as well. If I have had finished my graduate degree in Political Science and History Hybrid program, I would not have to apply again for another graduate assistantship program. At the assistantship program, I had worked for Professor David Rice, who was a chairperson of Urban American Studies and Interdisciplinary Program and who was also a professor of English at the College at Saint Rose—Albany, New York. I worked for him during September 2009 to April 2010, although I did not graduate from the Political Science/History Hybrid matriculated graduate program. I do not remember how much stipend I received, however it had covered my tuition and rent during that partial semester calendar of Spring 2009-2010. I was accepted into this assistantship as an Interdisciplinary Program Research Assistant in Urban American Studies and Interdisciplinary Program for 2009 fullfall semester and a half of semester of Spring 2010. The scope of my task and responsibilities was so diverse and it ranged from helping Professor David Rice to extract and to collect raw data for quantitative research, especially in finding journal articlesand teaching search engine companions on specific issues within Urban American Studies and Interdisciplinary Program. I also had assisted Professor David Rice in compiling journal articles as well as in rewriting mission statement for the Urban American Studies and Interdisciplinary Program. 
I am good in Microsoft Packages: Word processing, Excel, Access and PowerPoint and in finding journal articles for academic research related. However, I would conclude that I have a computer skill literacy and as well as skillful in SPSS software programs for Social Scientists, although I am yet forgetting almost everything since it has been quite awhile without running those software for both qualitative and quantitative research computing since 2008 during my undergraduate studies at Niagara University, New York. I used to have SPSS software in personal laptop computer installed in my computer, but it had outdated since it needed to be renewal. 
I am not proficient in English since English language is not my first language for communication. I spoke in Dinka language, although it is not needed for this position requirement. I also have a good interpersonal skills and this would help me in ‘relationship building and negotiation skills, especially in the diverse populations’ work environment.’ Verbally and in writing, I always strive and to convey my message and therefore, I would not say that I have a strong communication skill. I could still be an exceptional candidate because I have a diverse cultural background that would enrich your program. 
I have nothing much to include, but you could also see what my resume vitae said. If I were not financially unstable, I would have not applied for this graduate assistantship. It is because I currently got a hold on my student accounts here at the SUNY at Brockport for Spring 2012-2013 academic calendar year, which is yet preventing me to register and privilege to stay in the graduate program if I do not get a financial aid loans to cover my tuition. Of course, this will be the same situation why rest of other applicants will apply for contest for this facility coordinating position in your Search Committee Department. 

Prepared by David Wuor, MPA student for Public AdministrationPage 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Blogspot" Archive

I am already succumbed to change by Mr. David D. Wuor